The Class of 2014 has (mostly) completed the college admission gauntlet. So, Class of 2015, it’s your turn. Here is a checklist for the upcoming semester to get you on the road to college!
The University of Chicago’s Institute for Molecular Engineering will offer its first undergraduate course in the autumn 2014 quarter as part of a newly available minor in molecular engineering. The institute will continuously develop new courses and plans to propose a full bachelor’s degree program in the 2014–2015 academic year. - See more here!
onsereverra asked: Any tips for managing the complete panic of the days leading up to EA decisions?
1. Go get a hot chocolate and ask them to put a little almond syrup in there. (It’s magicalllll).
2. Pet your cat. Or someone else’s cat. If you’re allergic to cats, maybe skip this one.
3. Send your friend a fake Hogwarts acceptance letter. Training an owl to deliver it through their chimney should take a while, right?
4. Learn why “Don’t panic!” is a fun phrase by finally getting around to reading the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy series.
5. Several people in our office are obsessed with a (great) show called Bob’s Burgers. Marathon it!
6. Have you heard of Scav Hunt? Have you read any Scav Hunt items? Have you read every Scav Hunt item ever? http://scavhunt.uchicago.edu/yore.html
7. Recreate some old childhood photos.
8. Eat candy! Candy is delicious and good for you (…right?)
9. Do you have a turtle? I bet it’s cold in this weather. Knit it a turtle cozy!
10. For realsies: don’t worry. You’re going to get in to college somewhere this year; maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but someday (yes, this is a Simpsons reference). You are all are smart, talented, awesome people and while we know these few weeks (hey, this year) can be stressful, take a step back, relax, and remember: you rock!
Great (and hilarious) advice!
For what to do once you get the decision, check out What Will Colleges Leave in Your Stocking: Acceptance, Rejection, or Deferral?